Just a quick post today. I know I keep saying I won’t buy anything but a few weeks ago I decided to treat myself to some tattoo tights. I’ve wanted tattoos in the past but I don’t think I could ever sit and get one done so these are fine for me. I ordered 2 pairs from eBay. Coming from China, I thought they would take months to arrive. They did take about…2-3 weeks but that’s still pretty good. I can’t remember how much they were but they were pretty cheap. I decided to wear one of the pairs on Saturday when I was heading to my sisters for the day. At first, my sister looked when she saw them and asked when I’d gotten a tattoo/what it was on my leg/if I had drawn it on. Soon after, her 2 sons appeared. “Hi Nattie!” then when I showed them the design “Nice tattoo”. After that it was pretty much forgotten about. The tights are comfy and actually fitted the length of my legs which never happens because I’m short. The only thing is that I think they would rip easily. I’ll just have to be careful. Not exactly the easiest thing though when I’m playing and messing about with the boys. I ended up with a wellie boot covered in mud going right across them at one point. Ah well, the boys had fun so it doesn’t really matter.
I’ll hopefully post again soon.
…I’ve been working/applying to as many childcare jobs as I can so by the time I get to sit down I’m too tired to bother writing…and there isn’t really anything interesting to write about. However, today I came home from work and have time to sit about before going to pick up Chris from the station so, I’ve got a cup of tea and a popping candy Terrys chocolate orange (only £1 in Asda atm!), ready to relax and type for a bit.
Yesterday I was feeling bored so I asked my friend if she fancied a walk. Usually I’d only think of going to Gosford or the lakes for a walk but she suggested a place called Loughall Park which I never even knew existed so I had to go. It had been cold and rainy in the morning but it cleared up just as we arrived. Basically, it’s a man made lake that looks like a foot and there’s a play park and golf area. It didn’t take that long to walk around but it is a lovely place to visit. My friend also informed me that there was another part you could walk up so we took a dander over after walking round the lake. Unfortunately there was a really steep hill to walk up to get there but it gave us a work out so it’s not all bad! Once we got to the top there was a lovely big house right in front of us. I wouldn’t mind living in it. I could just imagine maids walking about cleaning in it. Life of luxury or what. I can dream, eh? Here’s a few snapshots of the day:
The giant rhubarb and the little house at the entrance of the park reminds me of a fairy tale. So cute. While dropping her off, she invited me in for a bit so off we went on into her house for a chat. I ended up staying until 9:30PM! We didn’t even realise how much time had passed. We had a good catch up and talked about anime. It’s so nice to have a friend you can talk about anime to. Most people would think it’s strange if they heard me speak about it but with her there’s just a good chat and sharing opinions about certain episodes. Well, as it turns out, Sunday is her mothers day for baking. She came in and offered tea, of course I said yes please (diet is over. Don’t have time for that when there’s so many nice things to eat! Shame my jeans don’t have the same opinion) Anyway, she came in with a wee table and a plate with home made scones with home made jam, pavlova, apple tart and some biscuits. Such a lovely lady. She offered me second slices and everything but I restrained myself. Honestly, she is an amazing baker. I asked her how to make jam too and she even told me if I wanted any recipes she would give me them. Really, she is such a lovely lady and asked me all about work and how I got into schools so quickly and easily since I was only qualified a few months ago. She didn’t judge me when she came into the room and I was sitting cuddling and stroking a plushie that my friend had bought at Q-con. Thank goodness too. Awkward moment there but sure, ah well.
So cute and soft though. OK that’s it for now!
Congratualtions JC Loh! You have won my International giveaway.
Sorry for the belated post but I’ve been busy/sick/glued to my DS. At least I’ve gotten round to it now.
You have 48 hours to get in touch. If no contact is made, a new winner will be chosen.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
It’s finally time for the giveaway I have been trying to do for months. I bought everything when I was in England back at the beginning of July but since I was doing a couple of book reviews, I’ve held back on starting this giveaway.
The rules are simple:
- Comment on this post. You must do this in order to be entered.
- After commenting, feel free to like and share the giveaway. You will earn a bonus entry for each. So, if you comment, like and share, you will have 3 entries.
I will leave the giveaway open until 30/09/14
What’s the prize?
A bracelet, a cute pair of fashion socks, handy note pad and I guess you could call it a travel pouch with 3 compartments? Sorry I don’t know the proper name. You’ll see what I mean though from the photo:
Do people wear their ‘Sunday best’ to go to church where you are? It’s generally an unspoken rule around here but I usually just wear whatever I feel like because at the end of the day, I’m still going for the same reason as others so why should it matter what I wear? Well, last week I was feeling like dressing up a bit so I decided to wear this:
Dress: TKMaxx £19.99
Shoes £24.99 New Look
I must have given my friends in church a shock because they said I looked ‘pretty today’ and that I usually wear trousers so it was a ‘nice change’.
I know I had said that I wouldn’t buy anything now since I’m saving but look what I came across online. I had to have it.
Seriously, it’s Attack on Titan. I absolutely love it. I had actually spotted it months ago but never bought it but then I found it being sold more cheaply on eBay and bought it then and there. I especially chose green so that I could feel like I was in the survey corps while I wore it. I’m such a wierdo. The day it arrived I actually went ‘squee’ a bit. Y’know what? It’s super comfy and just right for the in-between weather. I’m 100% glad that I bought it. Now I just need another season to be released so that I can watch Attack on Titan again. I doubt a second season will arrive any time soon though. Even so, I’ll wait for a second season instead of reading the manga. I’ve already spoiled a bit by finding out who the armoured titan is and got annoyed at myself for doing that so I definitely won’t try to find out anything else.
Sorry it’s been so long since my last post. Here’s what I’ve been up to over the last couple of weeks:
1. New job – I’m now a classroom assistant so I had a week of training before the children started back where I got to know the staff. It’s a nice school and I’ve gotten used to most of the daily work. I was shy at first but now that it’s the 2nd week of children being back, I’ve gotten to know a lot of names and faces from my class and others. We do different zones for games and activities outside and that has helped me to get to know a lot of children which is great. I’d love to teach dances to the kids but right now it’s still hectic so I’ll wait and see what the zone is like in a few more weeks after the hype has died down a bit. I’m still making a few mistakes but I’ll get there.
2. Spent the weekend with Anton and Callum – My sister was going away overnight so we had a sleepover at her house. Anton was super excited. I took them to C+J’s animal park and have a picnic. It was cold and rained a bit but we had a good time. Anton and I even stroked a little crocodile! Callum had the fright of his life twice when we were there. Naomi went with us so that we could take one each if they ran off in different directions so she was carrying Callum. Just as we walked past them, two started fighting and making really loud screechy noises. Well, didn’t Callum jump out of his skin. Honestly it was so funny that I couldn’t even ask if he was OK without laughing. He came over to me and clung so tightly, telling me he was scared and not to laugh, poor guy. Just before that he had a scare when sheep suddenly baa’d beside him. Anton loved the snake but we didn’t get to touch it. After we got back we watched a movie with popcorn, made buns and made a fort. All fun things for these guys. Both boys were completely wrecked so they fell asleep within minutes of being put to bed. The next night, even though their parents were back, Callum asked if I was staying for a sleepover again while I was putting him to bed and drew a picture happily, wiggling away and told me it was him Anton and me and then the animals. Anton didn’t want me to leave either. Such cuties.
3. Gym - OK I admit I’ve been slacking with this one. Before starting my job I was going almost every day. Since work started I only go once or twice a week. I’ve really got to get back into it again. As far as the diet goes….I’ve derailed almost completely. Even today, I had 3 donuts for my break! Clean and lean is starting up again soon so I’ll have to get back on it for that.
However, I have still been thinking about my blog and have been taking photos for it. My phones pretty much given up on life and is going nuts vibrating for no reason/turning itself off and not recognising when I type so it’s been a pain to even get the photos off my phone (linking it up to the computer doesn’t work any more either) so there’s a whole backlog of posts to catch up on!