Old Posts · Uncategorized

The Wedding



Today is the wedding post. First of all, we had an early start. I went down to do the bride and bridesmaids nails at 8AM. The hairdresser was already there and working on the bride. Suprisingly, she seemed so relaxed. We sat chatting away and having a laugh while I painted nails. For the bride, she chose a french manicure with burgundy tips and a few gems on the ring finger and thumb nails. The bridesmaids were having silver nails with gems on the thumb and ring finger. She provided all of the stuff I needed so I was a bit shocked when she gave me a card containing £20 after. I felt bad for taking it so I paid for her and her husbands meal at Cosmos the next day. While we all worked on getting her and the bridesmaids ready, the flowers arrived. I thought they were lovely. There were so many people in the room for all the size of it. The bride to be asked if I’d eaten yet since breakfast would be ending at 11AM. I called Chris straight away to wake him up. About 20 minutes later I got a message from him saying that he had put his shirt in the shower to get the wrinkles out and now it was soaked. Weird message to get right? Well, it was only because I had told him (and showed him) to hang his shirt in the bathroom while he showered so that the steam would make the wrinkles come out. I actually couldn’t believe it and told everyone in the room. After everyone having a good laugh about it and me calling him to tell him he may get the hairdryer out to start drying it, I finished the nails and headed up to the room to help. Well, turns out he was joking. He opened the door for me in his suit ready to go even though the wedding wasn’t until 1:30PM and everyone else was still in casual clothes. At least the joke helped the bride to have a laugh.


After breakfast I had to start getting ready. I spent ages trying to get my hair to go the way I wanted it. I wanted a plait around the top of my head and the rest of my hair down. Eventually I got it right. However, when I put my dress on…it was tight again. Darn all that cheating on the diet. It was tight-ish but bearable so at least it wasn’t too bad. My friend came up to our room and I did her hair. I just did a simple twist with the front part of her hair so that it was all down. Putting her fascinator in her hair was…not fun. Anyway, the bride had arranged a lift for us for the day which was great. We were picked up and taken ahead to the church. We grabbed some seats and waited. The ceremony was over more quickly than I thought it would be. It was a pretty small ceremony which was nice too. I had to laugh though at one point. When it was time to give the rings, the minister dropped one. The bride and groom said they were actually glad that had happened as it helped them to relax a little. After being taken to the reception we had tea and a biscuit. Another friend told us about the activities we could do inside the building so Chris, my friend and I went in while it was quiet and signed a photo, a guest book and put our prints on a wedding tree before finding out table.


Although the wedding was done on a small budget, you could see how much work had gone into the set up of the reception. The bride had made so many decorations for it and her, her husband and some friends spent ages setting it all up themselves. We sat chatting while we waited on the toasts and food (buffet style). Chris and a friends boyfriend really seemed to hit it off which we were glad to see since she had to sit at the main table as she was a bridesmaid. After eating I ended up unzipping my dress. I glued myself to the chair after that. Didn’t want the table of men behind me to see. I did zip it up again and have a wee chat with the bride before heading for the chocolate fountain.  Soon enough the music started and people were up dancing. I was sitting once again with my dress unzipped and leaning against my chair having a chat with friends but decided to move seats so I zipped it up and thank goodness I did. The brides grandfather who was so drunk decided it was time for me to dance and grabbed my arm and pulled. No amount of no thank you’s worked and he was so strong that I couldn’t get away. He pulled my arm and my whole seat slide across the carpet. He did manage to pull me off the chair but because of how I was sitting with my feet under me, when he pulled me up my foot went right over the metal part of the chair. Seriously painful. he dragged me up to dance and started saying ”Here, space ships” doing this weird move. I stood saying no thanks I’m OK. Dancing is really not my thing. He twirled me about laughing away. I was trying to find an escape and saw a girl I knew standing in a circle on the dance floor. I tried to tell the man to dance with her and he said OK let’s go and dragged me through the middle of the circle of people while they all cheered and clapped. How embarrassing. I also tried to sneak away behind him but he turned and saw me… and that friend wasn’t letting me leave her with him either and grabbed my arm. I did eventually manage to get away but I went straight over and sat on Chris’ knee for protection. Close to the end of the night, the man who was DJ-ing came to try to get our whole table up (my table were clearly not the dancing type) so my friends boyfriend, Chris and I all creeped out the side door to hide. The grandad’s wife had been trying to get my friends boyfriend to dance with her all night so he was also partly hiding from her and what happened? She also came out the door a few minutes later. Awkward. As the night went on my foot got worse until I couldn’t really move it. By the end of the night, we were walking back to the hotel, the bridesmaid in bare feet, her boyfriend drunk and ready to catch a rabbit (there were so many rabbits running about), another friend super tired and then Chris, another friend and myself just walking along laughing and chatting. Back at the hotel I had to ask the receptionist if I could have an ice pack for my foot. She didn’t have one so she gave me a tea towel and told me to take ice from the machine. It did help a little but my foot was swollen and so painful to even lean on. Now, it’s mostly better but bruised. It’s weird knowing that my friend is married now. She was the first from our group of friends to get married. I wonder who will be next?



IMG-20140705-WA0006 IMG-20140705-WA0005 IMG-20140705-WA0031IMG-20140705-WA0028 IMG-20140705-WA0034

Being chatted up by a granny
Friend BF being chatted up by a granny






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s